Our 10 students who continue to remain focused and calm for their external exams. It’s been another big week for them, with the first students finishing their exams this week. Many have a week or so break from exams, and will enjoy some home study before returning to school for the final exams after 4 June.
- Gilbert Carrey was interviewed by Joy Prime and this will be broadcast on Saturday, 29 April between 5pm and 6pm on Joy Prime on channel 281 on DSTV, channel 180 on GoTV and also on MultiTV.
- Our exam students, G12 and 10, their parents, teachers and Rev Dr Derek Larbi and Joe Mettle, for an inspiring Exam Candidates Service last Sunday. It was an extraordinary experience.
• The 3-way interviews on Saturday (tomorrow) will be the final 3-way interviews for this academic
year. It is for all grades (7-12). If you have not booked, you will be still able to meet your
child’s teachers and discuss achievements for this semester.
•No students will be able to remain in the hostels during this mid-semester break (next week).
• Students will return on Sunday, 2 April, by 5.00pm. Students who wish to arrive on Saturday, 1
April, must have their parents contact Mr Alex Tay by 30 March.
• All student clothing and items should be labelled.
• Exeat requests for a weekend should be received by COB Wednesdays. • Parents of students who will be withdrawing their son/daughter at the end of the year should notify admissions by 28 February.
• ACT April registration payment closes on Monday, 27 February.
Making Us Proud
• Parents who joined us for the Semester 2 health walk last Saturday. Thank you.
• Parents who were able to attend the G11 subject selection session for Grade 10 students and their parents last Saturday. Thank you.
• The G11 girls involved in the girls’ soccer team: you are game changers and make a huge difference to the morale of the team.
• Students who nominated for student leadership positions, but were unsuccessful on this occasion. Your initiative is admired and your participation in the process has been good experience for next time. Yet remember, one of many great things about TIS is the range and variety of leadership experiences that are available from 7-12. Taking advantage of these opportunities and experiences develops your future success.
Making Us Proud
The Weekly Assembly Organisers have conducted successfully Wednesday’s assemblies. Congratulations go to: Chloe Asiedu, Nuna Attipoe, Nana Osei Mainoo, Marie-Gabriella Nwokolo, Naa Momoh Odarteifio, Rachel Odartey-Wellington, Tsui Odonkor, Ayeyi Ohene-Adu, Erin Owusu, Maame Anna-Maria Poku, Salim Roland, Kelsey Searyoh, Worlanyo Akpatsa and Natasha Edgal.
– Thomas Edison
Making Us Proud
• The Evolution cast and crew, under the leadership of Elikem for their brilliant performance last Saturday. Students, staff, parents, alumni and TIS supporters have not stopped talking about the awesome performance since then. Students generally don’t like writing, but Evolution has continued as students have reflected on their experiences. Enjoy their reflections within this special edition. AA. Absolutely Awesome!
November 2016 Newsletter
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
– Henry Ford
Making Us Proud
• Grade 12 students completed their trial TOK presentations this week as a final preparation for their final presentation next Thursday. Best of luck, G12. You make us proud.
• Genesis has been invited to perform at the Harbourside Mass Choir tomorrow.
• Our Weekly Assembly Organisers produced an impressive assembly on Wednesay
• TIS Young Journalists Club has submitted their first impressive feature for this newsletter
October 2016 Newsletter
At the start of each semester, a thanksgiving service is held. Parents are invited to attend. The service will commence at 11.00am in the MPH and will conclude by 12.30pm.
For those parents whom are attending the Thanksgiving Service, you are welcome to stay on until 3.30pm and share lunch with son/daughter(s). Students enjoy anytime there is a chance for takeaway. I am sure many parents have had requests for certain supplies that were overlooked on their return to school. Parents who are unable to attend the service, but would like to visit, please do so between 1.00-3.30pm. There will be no entry after 3.00pm.
September 2016 Newsletter
May 2016 Newsletter
April 2016 Newsletter
March 2016 Newsletter
Many thanks to all who participated in the 9.4km Health Walk held on Saturday 12th September, 2015. We appreciate your presence and your participation immensely. Thank you.
PARENT INFORMATION SESSION
This session from 9.00-10.00am tomorrow (25 September) has been cancelled. This decision has been made for three reasons.
There is so much excitement in the school as we welcome a new
academic year, new principal, new students, new teachers, etc. We
look forward to sharing these exciting times with you.